Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Choice is Congruent with Your Goal

As I was laying in bed this morning, snuggled up to Bill & warm, I was creating my day. I wanted to meditate in my Sacred Space as it's been 2 weeks & I knew that I had the perfect time to do so...right now. Everyone was sleeping and this is my time in the morning for meditating, yoga & journaling. But I was so comfy & warm, snuggled next to Bill. The monkey chatter began: "You never get to sleep in", "You deserve to rest." I had almost convinced myself that this what I was suppose to be doing when I had that "a-ha" bolt of lightening zap my brain. You see, Bill & I have a goal for ourselves: to bring on 20 people/families into our business for the month of November. We start and end our day, everyday, mentally rehearsing our goal and living in the feelings associated with the goal, as if it were already accomplished.

My bolt of lightening: I choose to be successful. I choose my goals. I choose the decisions and the action plan to achieve that goal. Currently my goal requires the action of meditating to achieve that goal. If I choose to lay in bed instead of mediating, if I choose to be still instead of taking action, in essence I am choosing NOT to pursue my goal. Instead, I am saying to the universe "Ahhh, my goal isn't that important, I'd rather lay in bed snuggled to Bill. Achieving my goal can be put off for another day." Needless to say, I jumped out of bed and had a fantastic meditation.

Successful people do things they don't want to do anyway. Successful people get out of their snuggly bed and pursue their goal, at all costs. Whatever it takes to achieve the goal is a small price to pay for the prosperity & abundance achieving the goal brings.

Get Out of Your Bed!!

No comments: